Standard A: Demonstrating professional responsibilities in keeping with the best practices of online instruction.
The Online Teacher:
- Meets the professional teaching standards or has academic credentials in his/her respective field.
- Is a reflective practitioner.
- Continuously pursues knowledge and skills related to online learning and pedagogy.
- Serves as an ambassador of knowledge to stakeholders.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the role of online learning in preparing learners to participate as global citizens.
- Demonstrates an understanding of effective time management strategies.
- Models digital citizenship.
- Maintains accurate records of relevant information and communications in the appropriate format.
- Can explain responsibilities in carrying out law or mandates related to accessibility.
Source: National Standards for Quality Online Teaching, 3rd Edition, 2019, Virtual Learning Leadership Alliance
More information is on the way!