Standard D: Promoting learner success through interaction with learners and other stakeholders and facilitating meaningful learner engagement in learning activities.
The Online Teacher:
- Uses digital tools to identify patterns in learner engagement and performance that will inform improvements to achieve individual learner growth.
- Engages learner agency.
- Enables a learner-customized pace and/or path through instruction aligned with learners individual goals, learning trajectories, and interests.
- Establishes relationships through timely and encouraging communication, using various formats.
- Helps learners reach content mastery through instruction and quality feedback using various formats.
- Ensures that learners have necessary course resources and the information needed to navigate the learning platform and perform required tasks in a timely manner.
- Communicates frequently with stakeholders regarding learner progress and strategies for supporting learner engagement.
Source: National Standards for Quality Online Teaching, 3rd Edition, 2019, Virtual Learning Leadership Alliance
More information is on the way!