Standard G: Creating and/or implementing assessments to ensure validity and reliability of the instruments and procedures and measures learner progress through assessments, projects, and assignments that meet standards-based learning goals.
The Online Teacher:
- Chooses appropriate assessment tools, which allow students the opportunity to demonstrate master of the content.
- Employs pedagogy and content knowledge to develop and implement assessments in ways that ensure the validity and reliability of the instruments.
- Uses strategies to ensure learner academic integrity and security of assessment data.
- Implements a variety of assessments that accurately measure learner proficiency.
- Evaluates learner readiness and progress using formative and summative assessments and feedback.
- Assures alignment between assignments, assessments, and standards-based learning goals.
- Customizes instruction to personalize the learning experience based on performance and assessment data and learner need.
- Creates opportunities for learner self-assessment within courses.
Source: National Standards for Quality Online Teaching, 3rd Edition, 2019, Virtual Learning Leadership Alliance
More information is on the way!